Seed Bombs are worry free, hassle free, and pure fun! Each Seed Bomb is hand made with native Ontario perennial wildflower seeds encased in clay and compost, specially formulated by The Heritage Bee Co., meaning they bloom year after year once established, and self seed each fall.
You simply drop or plant each ball in your backyard, flower pot or vacant lot about 1/2″ into the dirt. When the time is right the seeds will self germinate and grow a series of perennial flowers blooming from early spring to late fall, providing local bees and butterflies with a continual and important food source. You want to leave approx. 1ft between each seed bomb.
Wildflowers are unique in that thy require patience and can take up to a year - or sometimes longer - to get established. Kindly allow Mother Nature time to grow the bee-friendly flowers in your garden. There are many reference guides and tips on growing wildflowers from seeds Here are a few:
1. Make sure the seed balls are in a sunny location.
2. Ensure sufficient watering (naturally or supplemented).
3. Make sure there isn't competing vegetation which may crowd out the young wildflowers.
4. Plant anytime of the year, but late summer and fall can be ideal as wildflowers usually need a "freeze-thaw" cycle to help with germination.
5. Plant in a container or directly in the soil.
6. BEE PATIENT :)
Species: Purple Gayfeather (Liatris spicata), Bee Balm (Mondara fistulosa), Purple Coneflower (Echinacea purpurea), New England Aster (Symphyotrichum laeve), Common Milkweed (Asclepia syriaca), Brown Eyed Susan (Rudbeckia triloba)
Made by Heritage Bee Co in Mulmur, Ontario
2% of all sales will help to #CraftChange.
Join our "Fun List" to hear about monthly parties, DIY workshops, special promos, #CraftChange updates, and get the inside scoop on local handmade goodness!